This morning I scoped out our cityscape location for friday’s class. There was an exercise class meeting in the same space/time. I was delighted by how helpful the instructor’s advice was to my own endeavor:
“Practice makes progress. You’re stronger than you think. Keep breathing. Geronimo.” Indeed.
The painting is available on etsy.
My process for this sketch
- Loose sketch in pencil to give myself a chance to feel through some of the shapes
- Began the painting with paint
- Focal point was the clump of yellow trees
- Made marks for the lightest bits: yellow and orange
- Tried to keep things very small indeed!
- This panel was not designed for watercolor, dried slowly, beaded up.
- Moved around the composition to let the paint dry
- Used white to mix neutrals
- Deepened the darks
- Added the burgundy pen, tried to keep a very light hand